cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1000D

Sem69
Apprentice
Having issues that I have not encountered before.
Firstly I have no LCD display, black screen. I have followed all the instructions I can find to put this back in use, with no success. I also have a problem taking pictures, it displays 'busy'. All settings had not been touched since the last use.. Not being able to get anything up on display has left me clueless.

Please help
5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You pressed the DISP button?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

As I have said tried everything I can find including the DISP and SET button. Even purchased a new genuine Canon battery...

You need Canon service!

EB

Peter
Authority
Authority

Firmware issue. You need latest firmware, 1.0.7.

If I were you, I would ask Canon if you can do it yourself from the computer EOS Utility or if you need to send it in because it already happend. Canon should update it for free because it is a manufactor issue, depending of the laws in your country.

I flashed my firmware 1 minute ago after I found this.

What are the changes in Firmware Version 1.0.7?

The following fixes have been incorporated.

1. Fixes a rare phenomenon in which "Cannot create folder" is displayed on the camera's LCD monitor, after which shooting is no longer possible with that SD card.
    This phenomenon occurs in rare cases due to communication timing between the camera and the lens or the SD card.

Are the previous versions of firmware included in version 1.0.7?

Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:

(Previous) Version 1.0.6 improvements:

Firmware Version 1.0.6 includes the following improvement:

1. Some cameras may exhibit a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor does not display, the shutter does not release, and the busy indication remains lit in the viewfinder.

Some cameras with firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier are affected by a phenomenon where the LCD monitor does not display, the shutter does not release, and the busy indication remains lit in the viewfinder. This firmware corrects this phenomenon.

1. The message, "Err 99 Shooting is not possible. Turn the power switch to <OFF> and <ON> again or re-install the battery", appears on the camera's LCD monitor, and after the above operation is carried out, the LCD monitor displays in a language that is different from the actual language setting.

What ever itis, it is not firmware.  Plus he would have no way of installing it, if it was.

EB
Announcements