cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective T6i??

beeth
Apprentice

I bought a new T6i in May from Adorama.com and I used it for recent trips, took thousand pictures. I upgraded my camera from XS(very old model) but I was so disappointed with T6i: I got focus issue when I used auto mode(some photos were good but some were not, very inconsistent), photos are not sharp and the colors are not as good as my iPhone 6 or Nexus 6( I heard Nikon has better color than Canon, I should have got Nikon instead for the upgrade.) I am not sure if it was because of my bad skill, or if I got a defective camera(or lens). The camera came unsealed(I heard it's normal from Adorama) and for T6i there is no shutter count so I could verify it was really new. Any idea I can now check my camera good or bad? Did I miss something? I appreciate any comments. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@beeth wrote:

I bought a new T6i in May from Adorama.com and I used it for recent trips, took thousand pictures. I upgraded my camera from XS(very old model) but I was so disappointed with T6i: I got focus issue when I used auto mode(some photos were good but some were not, very inconsistent), photos are not sharp and the colors are not as good as my iPhone 6 or Nexus 6( I heard Nikon has better color than Canon, I should have got Nikon instead for the upgrade.) I am not sure if it was because of my bad skill, or if I got a defective camera(or lens). The camera came unsealed(I heard it's normal from Adorama) and for T6i there is no shutter count so I could verify it was really new. Any idea I can now check my camera good or bad? Did I miss something? I appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Most people prefer Canon's default colors over Nikon's. But, Canon's color is very flexible because it is controlled by the 'Picture Style'. Are you using something other than the 'Standard Picture Style'?

If you are shooting in Auto mode you leave a lot up to the camera, to guess what you want.

If you are happy with the photos from your iPhone 6 perhaps you don't really need a dSLR.

If you do need a dSLR you need to invest the time into learning how to use it, and if this is your second dSLR and you are still shooting in Auto mode, it doesn't sound likely. 

If you want to put the time and effort needed, first start by reading the full manual. Then work to increase your understanding of photography. Adorama TV on Youtube is a great place to start. You might also consider joining a local photography club.

Anyone having 'focus issues', shoud start by watching these videos.

A Look at The Canon Autofocus System Part 1

A Look at The Canon Autofocus System Part 2

Announcements