Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Coordinating Images for an Event

I am shooting group photos for a dance event soon, and I will have a lot of images to keep up with, and I am unfamiliar with most of the people. I have an EOS T5i.  Is there a way I can assign images to certain people by say, entering their names?  If I tether my T5i to my PC, is there a way I can do it there?  I am responsible for emailing them off, so I need a method of coordinating them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Coordinating Images for an Event

robertmarshall wrote:

I am shooting group photos for a dance event soon, and I will have a lot of images to keep up with, and I am unfamiliar with most of the people. I have an EOS T5i.  Is there a way I can assign images to certain people by say, entering their names?  If I tether my T5i to my PC, is there a way I can do it there?  I am responsible for emailing them off, so I need a method of coordinating them.  Any help would be appreciated.

Pen, lotsa paper, and a spare battery.  You could record the image numbers, or even take a photo of your notes before/after each shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

I will most likely just do that.  I was curious if there was a digital way of doing it but I am good with at.  Thank you so much for the quick response!

Respected Contributor

Some high end cameras allow you to add an audio note to the file, but not the T5i.

If you have time, you could do a short movie after each shot and annotate verbally.

Honored Contributor

kvbarkley wrote:

Some high end cameras allow you to add an audio note to the file, but not the T5i.

If you have time, you could do a short movie after each shot and annotate verbally.

Too much memory cost.  You will need a spare card, or three.  

A Spare Battery is a MUST have.  Maybe something like a Fisher-Price chalkboard could do the trick.  I like pen and paper better, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Contributor

How about having your subjects stand for a picture of themselves holding a dry-erase board with their names, email address and maybe a phone number? Maybe have an assistant off to the side taking these shots with a p&s camera while you're doing the main shooting.

Honored Contributor

BurnUnit wrote:

How about having your subjects stand for a picture of themselves holding a dry-erase board with their names, email address and maybe a phone number? Maybe have an assistant off to the side taking these shots with a p&s camera while you're doing the main shooting.

That works.  Probably much cleaner than chalk, but still a bit messy, just the same.

Frequent Contributor

Most photojournlists still use the pencil and paper bit. 

A suggestion for if you must do this solo. Use your cellphone as a recorder or get a pen-recorder. That could solve your problem. BUT, also having people write out their email addresses helps too. A muffled "T" and "B" can sound awful similar.