cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my T5i to a Feelworld/Neewer 759 LCD 7" field monitor

Vanon66
Enthusiast

I am trying to get my T5i set up with a Feelworld/Neewer 759 7" LCD monitor and can't seem to get the image from the camera to fill the screen on the monitor.  It worked fine with my Canon G20 camcorder so I have to believe that it has something to do with the settings in the T5i.  

The best I am able to get is a 5.5 inch diagonal measurement of an image and not the full 7".  It may be that there is an issue with this particular monitor working with the T5i and I was hoping that someone has had some experience with this.

17 REPLIES 17

@Vanon66wrote:

I am trying to get my T5i set up with a Feelworld/Neewer 759 7" LCD monitor and can't seem to get the image from the camera to fill the screen on the monitor.  It worked fine with my Canon G20 camcorder so I have to believe that it has something to do with the settings in the T5i.  

The best I am able to get is a 5.5 inch diagonal measurement of an image and not the full 7".  It may be that there is an issue with this particular monitor working with the T5i and I was hoping that someone has had some experience with this.

That sounds like something that could be caused by an aspect ratio mismatch between the camera and the monitor.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks for the response Bob.

I am going to go back through the settings again to see if I missed something.  These monitors are very popular for a reason so it just tells me that I missed something.  In fact, as I mentioned a few minutes ago here in another reply, I came across a video right after I did my first post where someone set up one of these to a T5i and he brought up a setting that I may have missed.  I will post the results.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you using movie mode, which should provide a 16:9 aspect ratio?

Or, are you looking at a reproduction of the LCD screen, such as Live View mode, for example?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi and thanks for responding.  

I went through both still and movie mode and I am getting the same results.  I even changed my normal settings from RAW to jpeg and changed the settings so I could select 16x9 to see what it would do and I got the same results.  

After posting this post I also found a YouTube video on this by someone who also set this monitor up with a T5i and 5D MK ii.  He mentioned a setting that I may have missed because of a similiar result that he got so I need to get my gear out now and see if it makes a difference. 

I have only used this once and that was with my G20 camcorder and that has been awhile so I may have missed a setting somewhere. I will post the results when I get them.  

Vanon66
Enthusiast

All fixed!  There was a camera mode setting that I missed somehow.  Thanks for the help everyone!

@Vanon66wrote:

All fixed!  There was a camera mode setting that I missed somehow.  Thanks for the help everyone!

What was the setting?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The setting was "Camera Mode" which I set to 1080i.  Hopefully this will help someone else.  

what did you do exactly to make the picture appear on the whole screen

Hello Abraham;

It has been a long time since I set my monitor up so I don't remember, but if you are having trouble getting your set up let me know what is going on and I will be glad to go back through everything and help you. 

Dennis

Announcements