cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting camera connect to S8 phone

Jaytenn
Apprentice
I previously had no issues with the app or setting it up but I have recently had to have my phone replaced because of a cracked screen. Now my rebel t6 will no longer connect via nfc. I followed all the instructions but keep getting errors err11 and err12. I tried to connect via with only worked once. Once I disconnected it would not connect again. I reset the wifi setting in the camera along with forgetting wifi connections on my phone with no avail.

Help! I'd love to remote shoot again and transfer pics to my phone.
5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You are using a different phone, so you must configure the camera to use a different phone.  Delete any existing Wi-Fi setups in the camera, and start over from scratch.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Jaytenn
Apprentice
I did that. 🙁 Still won't connect. Connects for second then says Target not found

Jaytenn
Apprentice
I was able to connect directly to my phone via the cameras wifi but it takes longer than NFC. I would really like to get nfc working again

Tim
Authority

Hello Jaytenn,  

We recommend un-installing the application from your mobile device.  Then hard resetting your mobile, followed by a complete re-install of the application your phone.  Ensure the correct NFC spot is being utilized when making the connection. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jaytenn
Apprentice
Thank you for the reply. A hard reset did not work. It connected to the camera for a second then displayed the message " connection Target not found" "err12".

I guess I'll just stick to using Wi-Fi. NFC wasnjus easier and allowed for me to continue to use my phone.
Announcements