cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant take night photos

Amy-Lynn
Apprentice

Hello!  I am new to this forum and I have a Canon EOS Rebel SL1, up until the other night I could take pictures at night.  It now says is busy and trys to focus and wont take the photo!  I had someone trying to figureout how to use a remote to take photos on New Years Eve.  Pretty sure they changed a setting but cant figure it out!  HELP.... 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3

StanNH
Rising Star

The settings for a remote are part of the timer menu.  Maybe they enabled a timer and left it?  Check your timer menu and reset it if it was, in fact, changed.

@Amy-Lynn wrote:

Hello!  I am new to this forum and I have a Canon EOS Rebel SL1, up until the other night I could take pictures at night.  It now says is busy and trys to focus and wont take the photo!  I had someone trying to figureout how to use a remote to take photos on New Years Eve.  Pretty sure they changed a setting but cant figure it out!  HELP.... 🙂 

Were you using an external flash? Maybe someone turned off the autofocus assist beam?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Amy-Lynn wrote:

Which shooting mode?  It should be okay in Green [A] mode, or CA mode.  Canon cameras can take a long time to process an image when you have “Long Exposure Noise Reduction” or “High ISO Noise Reduction” enabled.  If all else fails, use the menu selections to reset the camera back to factory defaults.  Clear any custom settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements