Canon t5

CamMAN
Apprentice
how to remove white squares from canon t5
5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

We need more details. Is this in the JPEG files or just on the LCD?

CamMAN
Apprentice
I am using my canon t5 for live streaming via hdmi out in to a blackmagic mini capture card

@CamMAN wrote:
I am using my canon t5 for live streaming via hdmi out in to a blackmagic mini capture card

What "white squares"?  The HDMI output on a T5 is a reproduction of the LCD screen.  It was never intended to be used as a video signal for recording.video. 

The Rebel T5 is [or was] Canon's most basic entry level DSLR.  It is primarily designed to introduce people to still photography using a DSLR.  The fact that it can record video is a side effect of having all of the hardware to do so.  For example, many smartphones can record video, but recording video is hardly their main purpose or feature.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

CamMAN
Apprentice
Can the t5 get a clean hdmi output?

@CamMAN wrote:
Can the t5 get a clean hdmi output?

Negative. 

As I previously noted, the HDMI output is a repeat of the LCD display on the camera.  The HDMI output is intended to allow a camera operator to connect an auxillary display monitor that is larger than the LCD.  When you plug a connector into the HDMI port, the video signal going to the LCD is rerouted to the HDMI output port.

The HDMI is not a "clean signal" for use as a video signal for recording. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements