cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon- should not advertising "can take video"

jwonhwang007
Apprentice

I think canon have to take out  " video is available" from their dslr camera. 

I do have 70d and T3i. 

The 70d logic board bunt out last year after recording 10 min video clip and I spent around $400.00. This year T3i gone too while I took video around 8 minutes. I didn't abuse cameras most case. 

I called the service center why canon has so much trouble with heat problem with video recording and they said it is cameras to take a pictures, not camcorder.......wow!!!!!!!!!!

DO not advertise Canon camera can take a video..... Just Say "it is camera can take pictures and go get a camcorder to take video...."

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jwonhwang007 wrote:

I think canon have to take out  " video is available" from their dslr camera. 

I do have 70d and T3i. 

The 70d logic board bunt out last year after recording 10 min video clip and I spent around $400.00. This year T3i gone too while I took video around 8 minutes. I didn't abuse cameras most case. 

I called the service center why canon has so much trouble with heat problem with video recording and they said it is cameras to take a pictures, not camcorder.......wow!!!!!!!!!!

DO not advertise Canon camera can take a video..... Just Say "it is camera can take pictures and go get a camcorder to take video...."

I suggest that you contact Canon again about your. Issue with the 70D.  Have your receipt ready from any repair.  They seem to have recently acknowledged that there could be a defect with the 70D.  

A 10 minute clip is kind of long for a DSLR.  If you need a camera first and foremost for video, and stills second, then you should invest in a camcorder or a video camera.

All DSLRs experience overheating issues,when they are used for video.  Sony mirrorless cameras are notorious for it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

70D warranty , just expire before it was gone last year.  I already spent money to fix. haha

T3i, I dont know I have to fix or just put in my junk box.  Srvice center said " this model is not available to repair any more."

I have sony a6500, panasonic fz1000, gh4 and gopro hero 5,6. Yes they have heat issue commonly. Not like canon. 

It may have failed after your 10 minute video but I guess it was after many such videos. Not just the single 10 minute one!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements