cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel t6i isn't showing phone when connected

Maxmrdck
Contributor
My phone will connect to my camera but says that i have to check camera settings to connect. I have reset the wi-fi settings multiple times and retried. My phone connected to my camera once and wouldn't reconnect after that.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_B
Rising Star

Hello Maxmrdck, We've seen problems with the update. A complete uninstall and reinstall from the app store should correct the issue. If you are still having problems please contact our support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

StanNH
Rising Star

Are you enabling wifi and the connect to smartphone on the camera first?  What type of phone .... IOS or Android and are you using NFC?

Maxmrdck
Contributor
I'm using the nfc feature because it won't connect through wifi and yes wifi is enabled and i am connecting my phone to the camera first. My phone is the htc desire 626

jasonschiely
Contributor

I have a EOS Rebel T6i and can no longer connect through the latest updated app.  I connect and it lets me remote shoot but will NOT let me download pics to my iphone!!! Worked fine earlier yesterday (01/05/2017) before your stupid app updated.  Last app worked perfect. This is crazy! Reinstalled the app 3 times now... Reset my wifi on the camers 3 times too!!

The fact that I can remote shoot tells me I am not doing ANYTHING wrong! Your app just stopped supporting transferring images to the iphone? For all cameras? Just the EOS? Just the EOS t6i???

People depend on your product for their work and then you drop the ball and I miss deadlines because of your app???

RIDICULOUS!

I tweeted Canon and you told me to call a number that after I gave all the automated information it hung up on me!!!

You think your customers have time for this???

So pissed off!

Jason

Maxmrdck
Contributor
I'm not pissed off or anything i just want my pictures on my phone

@Maxmrdck wrote:
I'm not pissed off or anything i just want my pictures on my phone

Are you trying to transfer RAW or JPEG files?  I think you can only transfer JPEGs.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

John_B
Rising Star

Hello Maxmrdck, We've seen problems with the update. A complete uninstall and reinstall from the app store should correct the issue. If you are still having problems please contact our support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)

I have done the compete uninstall and reinstall 3 times... because I'm upset am I getting ignored?

I am attempting to download jpgs.

@jasonschiely wrote:

I have done the compete uninstall and reinstall 3 times... because I'm upset am I getting ignored?

I am attempting to download jpgs.

These forums should not confused with being Canon Technical Support.  The forums are not technical support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I just tried the Canon app after the update and it won't recognize the connection now.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, and no difference.  I then had it forget the camera's wifi network, and it's now asking for the password again which I can't find.

i just downloaded pictures to my iPhone using a card reader since I can't get the app to work at all.  Not impressed with this update since it makes the app unusable.  I am running the latest version of IOS on an iPhone 6+

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements