Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon connect app : video playback not working (200D)

Hello,

Tryed the canon connect app with my 200D. Everything is working fine expect that I cannot playback the video that are on the camera SD card. I can view the pictures, I can view thumbnail of the video. But there is no way to play de video.
I tried it with different smartphone and tab.

This functionnality is very basic. Is it normal that it is lacking ?

Thanks in adavance

Antonin

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon connect app : video playback not working (200D)

Trying hard to figure out your scenario.  I think you have to transfer the video for playback.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Re: Canon connect app : video playback not working (200D)

Hello, this is just what I want to avoid (transferring the video on the smartphone). I would like to watch them without transferring them... The same way that we do with pictures. Somebody told me that it was possible to do it with the Canon app. I was wondering if there is some bug in the app that doesn't allow it to work with a 200d. Can you confirm that the playback function is impossible without transferring the video? Thankd