cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T6 Making Clicking Sound when Recording Video with AF and IS off!

JacobD
Apprentice

I Recently got a Canon T6 around a week and started noticing a Weird Clicking Sound, Whenever I Get close to the EF-S 18-55mm IS ll Lens while filming a video or when playing it back, I Can hear a clicking sound. My Friend suggested turning AF and IS off (I Use a Tripod for filming, So IS is not needed anyway) I Did that and still hear the noise. I've tried reinstalling the lens and I Still hear it. 

Any help would be appreciated!

THANK YOU!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

New camera, or new to you camera (used)?  Does the clicking happen with any lens you use? 

What we cannot discern from your post (or atleast I can't) based on your description is whether this happens only with the 18-55 lens or any lens.  What happens when you play back with no lens on the camera? Is the sound coming from the body or the lens?

Have you been through the camera's menus and settings yourself?  Do you have wi-fi turned on full time?  Are you using an ext mic?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@JacobD wrote:

I Recently got a Canon T6 around a week and started noticing a Weird Clicking Sound, Whenever I Get close to the EF-S 18-55mm IS ll Lens while filming a video or when playing it back, I Can hear a clicking sound. My Friend suggested turning AF and IS off (I Use a Tripod for filming, So IS is not needed anyway) I Did that and still hear the noise. I've tried reinstalling the lens and I Still hear it. 

Any help would be appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Post a sample of the noisy video.  Point the camera at a blank wall, and record.  Use a tripod.  Do not touch the camera while it records.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements