Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: Canon T5i Battery Puzzle

RobertTheFat wrote:

jrhoffman75 wrote:

The manual background is white, so it couldn’t show the battery in white. 

Maybe be it would have been more clear if the manual showed a screenshot of the back of the camera. 

There's no reason they ciouldn't show the battery indicator correctly in the manual. If it needs a black background, just print a black rectangle to show it on. We're talking "correctable oversight" here.

It is being illustraed correctly in the manual.  The manual shows multiple bars to indicate a full charge, fewer bars to indicate less than a full charge, and no bars to indicate no charge, which is exactly what the camera does.

If you want to get technical, the manual is showing you how a top LCD display might display battery charge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon T5i Battery Puzzle

For the T5i (and probably other bodies) the LCD screen display can be changed from black with white to white background with black.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472