cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T5i Battery Puzzle

yadbugee
Apprentice

i am using a T5i camera and LP-E8 Battery and its original Charger.

I have been having low battery indicator on the camera for a while. I changed to a OEM battery, no respite. I change the charger thinking the charger is not charging it to full capacity, still no respite.

This is what it looks when I pop in a "Fully" charged battery  in my Camera

I have no idea what setting is casuing and who is the culprit, Camera , or the Battery

T123.JPG

What should I be looking at as the next steps 

18 REPLIES 18

Ok and good luck!

@yadbugee wrote:
I think the battery level indicated shows more like "Battery is low, still enough for now" , it does not indicate "Battery Level is OK"

I agree with jrhoffman75...it shows battery is OK...only the manual shows it in black...should have been all white as shown.  All you need to do to verify is to wear the battery down enough to show the next level...if you see one black, two white then the manual had the colors reversed.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

The manual background is white, so it couldn’t show the battery in white. 

Maybe be it would have been more clear if the manual showed a screenshot of the back of the camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Maybe be it would have been more clear if the manual showed a screenshot of the back of the camera. 

There's no reason they ciouldn't show the battery indicator correctly in the manual. If it needs a black background, just print a black rectangle to show it on. We're talking "correctable oversight" here.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

On the left side of the page they show the “on camera” view. I should have pointed that out in my previous post. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

There's no reason they ciouldn't show the battery indicator correctly in the manual. If it needs a black background, just print a black rectangle to show it on. We're talking "correctable oversight" here.

It is being illustraed correctly in the manual.  The manual shows multiple bars to indicate a full charge, fewer bars to indicate less than a full charge, and no bars to indicate no charge, which is exactly what the camera does.

If you want to get technical, the manual is showing you how a top LCD display might display battery charge.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

For the T5i (and probably other bodies) the LCD screen display can be changed from black with white to white background with black.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Selection Square red is something that I highlighted.

When I reselect the battrey and press {SET], nothing changes ?

Any Suggestions ?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Do you have access to a similar camera where you could try the batteries in it. Friends or camera store.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements