cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel xs

photosbychris
Apprentice
my camera won't turn on at all, it happened when i was asked to format my sd card. i then did it and my camera went off and has not turned back on. no lights not nothing. the battery is fully charged and i got a brand new sd card. SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What size memory card?  You need to use card that is 32 GB, or smaller.  You should only use full size card, not micro-SD with adapters.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

photosbychris
Apprentice
yes i have the micro 32 GB using the adapter but i've had the camera for quite a while now. could that really be the problem?

Yes, it could really be the problem.

@photosbychris wrote:
yes i have the micro 32 GB using the adapter but i've had the camera for quite a while now. could that really be the problem?

Yes, micro-SD adapters are notoriously unreliable.  If you remove the card, can the camera power up with no card?  If you can power up the camera with no card, you may want to go into the menus and reset the camera back to factory defaults.

Make sure that your battery door is securely closed, because there is a micro-switch that senses when the door is open, which prevents the camera from powering up.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements