cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T6 - Compatibility with Macbook Pro or ASUS Laptop

danielgfkemp
Apprentice

Good day community, I bought a month ago the Canon Rebel T6 camera. Excellent combo and excellent camera, luv it! The main reason I bought this camera was to edit photography and video to produce films under Stop Motion. First, I connected the camera to my Mac Book pro (my mac book runs with OS system), download and run the necessary utilities/drivers to use the Canon camera, and to set it as my default camera. But the camera is not detectable on the Mac Book Pro. Then, I downloaded other applications as iMovie & Stop Motion software but none of these seems to work with the camera (the camera is just off). Then, I try to connect the camera to my ASUS laptop (my asus laptop runs with Windows 8), and download the Stop Motion Pro program. With this program, the camera seems to detectable, but I do not know why it takes too long to the camera to just take a picture with the live screen. However, after hours of using it (not even a day) the computer sometimes does not detect the camera, so the program closes automatically no giving any message. Has anyone had the same problem? I do not want to continue to buy software to produce video and see myself affected because the camera is not compatible or easy to use as something as simple as "plug and play". Hope you can give me advised. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Usually it is plug and play withthe Mac. Have you tried running Image Capture directly?

I do have an iMac. But I havent pluged the Canon camera on it. I prefer to use the Mac Book Pro, it is easier to move around. By the way, I went to the Canon website to download the correct software, but apparenltly there is not software available for apple computers. Can you please tell me how to run or install Image Capture?

Thank you!

Image Capture is an Apple application. It is the "front end" for deciding which application to open when you plug in a camera. It is in you application folder.

PS, Also try a new cable.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try when I get home. BTW the usb cable from the Canon cam is pretty new, not even a month of usage.

You would be surprised at the number of folks who have issues that go away after switching USB cables.

Announcements