cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T3i not working

peckc97
Apprentice
First day I bought the camera it was working and then the next day it started displaying "error 30" on the screen. I've been told that this usually means the shutter isn't functioning but I took off my lens and tried taking pictures without the shutter and it was moving perfectly fine.

I am unable to get my camera to focus enough to take a picture. And when it does take the picture it shuts off.

Please someone just try to help me so I can use this thing. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I've been told that this usually means the shutter isn't functioning but I took off my lens and tried taking pictures without the shutter and it was moving perfectly fine."

What?  Smiley Frustrated  That makes no sense.  Do you mean you removed the lens and clicked the shutter to see if it moved?

At any rate all you can do is reset the camera.  In the menus under Tools tab clear all settings. Charge the battery fully. Try again, outside on a nice day.   Set the mode to P or Auto.  Set the lens to AF on the lens.  ISO to 100.  If it works, it works !

If it doesn't pop it up because it is toast.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

peckc97
Apprentice
Yes that's what I meant, sorry. Thank you for trying to help but my camera is still not working
Announcements