cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T2i autofocus

Fdmcgady
Contributor

The autofocus on my Canon Rebel is not as sharp as it should be. I have tried different lenses and get the same result. The autofocus works but not as sharp as it could be. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Fdmcgady wrote:

I see on Amazon that the 80D is $1,100 - the 70D is $800 and the 50D is $400

I would never buy anything from Amazon more costly than a paperback.  But, I know lots of folks who swear by Amazon.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-80d-ef-s-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-stm-kit-refurbished

How does $849 for an 80D with 18-55mm STM lens sound?  One year warranty from Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Then your camera needs to be adjusted to your lens. On the Rebels, it has to be sent back to Canon.

OK thanks for the help - I will look into how I can do that

@kvbarkley wrote:

Then your camera needs to be adjusted to your lens. On the Rebels, it has to be sent back to Canon.

And since your camera is out of warranty, they'll probably charge you for the work they do. So ...

The T2i was a fine camera in its time, but its technology is not really up to today's standards. If you were to upgrade to, say, a new or refurbished 80D, and if the autofocus problem still persisted, that camera would allow you to make the necessary adjustments yourself, without having to spend the money to have Canon do it. Just something to consider.

BTW, while a refurbished 50D or 70D would also have that self-adjustment feature, the 60D does not. So a refurbished 60D wouldn't meet your needs. Nor would any Rebel, even the most recent models.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I was thinking about a new camera instead of going through the expense of repairing what I have. Thanks again for your help - its very much appreciated.

@Fdmcgady wrote:

I would never buy anything from Amazon more costly than a paperback.  But, I know lots of folks who swear by Amazon.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-80d-ef-s-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-stm-kit-refurbished

How does $849 for an 80D with 18-55mm STM lens sound?  One year warranty from Canon.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

and free shipping too

ARNALDO
Apprentice

Hey. I am using a Canon 6D for two years now. I have been matching it with the Canon USM EF 27-70 mm. It is a great lens but I have been looking for a wider lens as in some monuments and interior photos some details are not captured. Does anybody have experience with the Canon - EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Wide-Angle Lens? It is just a 4 mm gain to my current lens and I am really indecisive in buying it or not. I appreciate any comment. Regards. Arnaldo

@ARNALDO wrote:

Hey. I am using a Canon 6D for two years now. I have been matching it with the Canon USM EF 27-70 mm. It is a great lens but I have been looking for a wider lens as in some monuments and interior photos some details are not captured. Does anybody have experience with the Canon - EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Wide-Angle Lens? It is just a 4 mm gain to my current lens and I am really indecisive in buying it or not. I appreciate any comment. Regards. Arnaldo

I assume that your current lens is one of the two versions of the 24-70mm f/2.8L, as Googling turns up no 27-70.

What you need may be the 16-35mm f/2.8L II or the 16-35mm f/4L. They're both good.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements