cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel EOS XT

dwhipp
Apprentice

I am tring to reset my camera to factory settings.  When researching this, I do not have the five tabs with the clear settings that everyone says to do.   Can someone help.  I only have four tabs and no clear settings.   Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Assuming that you do have an "XT" (not to be confused with an XTi) then here's the manual for your camera:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/8/0900000278/01/EOSDRXT350DIM-EN.pdf

See page 35 which explains how to reset all settings as well as just reset any "custom functions" (custom functions are described starting on page 145).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks for your help.  I have downloaded that manual which is my camera.  However i do not have that choice (clear settings)  I only have four tabs.  camera one the play one and the settings 1 and 2   and non of them have the option for clear settings.  Thanks is what i am so confused by. 

On both the 300D and the 350D, settings 2 should have the CLEAR settings option.  Also, the users manual for the 300D shows only four tabs as you've described while the 350D has five tabs.  In either case the Settings 2 option has the clear option.

Phill

edit:  Stephen just posted ahead of me.  Try his suggestion... Smiley Very Happy

Stephen

Hi dwhipp!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

That being said, your camera needs to be in "P" on the top dial to access the menu you are looking for. 

We hope that helps!

THANKS SO MUCH>   Did not know it needed to be on the P on the dial..   Thanks bunches

Announcements