cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS T6i Can't get pics downloaded

Abby2017
Contributor

I have used Canon EOS cameras for years and never had any issues getting pc to recognize camera and downloaded where i want them.I have Windows10. My previous camera was a Canon D40 and  it died. I ordered this one as it was lighter weight. The pics will not go into MY picture file where I can get them to picasa to edit for web. I tried the DPP( the pics are in there) but far too confusing. I downloaded the software then removed it to try again.On the next download the utility 2 & 3 didn't down load.

I have tried both USb & inserting card, same results. I have the wifi disabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You need to go to a library tech help night or someplace where you can get hands on support. It's not a Canon issue or a photography issue. You need assistance finding folders on your computer and it's too difficult remotely. Someone could sit next to you and get it all sorted out in five minutes.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi Abby - I will try and help you.

You said the photos are in DPP. Actually, photos aren't in DPP. DPP simply shows whats in the folders on your computer.

Do you see something like this in DPP (but with your photos, not mine Smiley Happy)

Capture.JPG

If so, the folder highlighted in blue is where your photos are on your computer. You just need to find that folder and point your photo software (Picasa).

If you are not seeing this can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes that is exactly what I see. I was trying to edit on this page??? I'll go back and see if there is a blue highlight. Not quite sure how to "point" to Picasa.Thanks so much for getting me in the right directon. I'll get back.

Yes the file blue however when I look in My pictures I can't see it. How do I get those Pics to picasa from dpp

Ope EOS Utility 2 and go to Preferences->Destination Folder and see where EOSU downloaded to.

2017-07-07.png

When you locate the folder open that folder in Picasa. (As I said, they photos aren't in DPP; DPP is simply going to the folder. You can make any other software go to the same folder once you know where it is.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok It worked for me last night but I took 21 pics this morning and when I click on the blue file they are there but forget how I got them to export to Picasa. My EOS utility 2 disappeared when I reloaded the soft ware thinking there was a problem with that.Thanks I'll work on it.

I have deleted and reloaded the software and utility 2&3 still didn't show up. Clicking on the blue highlight in dpp does not take me to file where I can export to picasa. (It just worked once) Any suggestions? I'm so frustrated.Thanks

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You need to go to a library tech help night or someplace where you can get hands on support. It's not a Canon issue or a photography issue. You need assistance finding folders on your computer and it's too difficult remotely. Someone could sit next to you and get it all sorted out in five minutes.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements