cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel XS eats batteries

VJ83841Laclede
Contributor

Is anyone else having this issue? I have had my camera since 2007 ? i think. I have a problem with my camera eating batteries. I will get about 50-60 shot out of a battery and then have to charge it.

Since I have had the camera I have purchased close to 7-8 batteries for the camera as well as 3 new charger.

Have sent it into Canon to have them fix it 2 times and they say everything is working fine.

I have bought both knock off batteries as well as Canon only batteries and get the same results.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Vicky

13 REPLIES 13

I was living in hope as well they may pop in to our conversation. & yes you are right again since it is so old they more than likely do not still support this model. 

I am conscious of the float charge of the batteries. So if I am out shooting for the day. I will charge the batteries before hand either 2-4 hrs before I leave the house. Then I always take the charge and extra batteries with me. As I begin my shot I 1st check out electrical outlets I can use because I know the batteries are going to act up and not with stand an entire shot project. Since i have had the camera for so long with all her bumps I have learned to work around them.

When I did send my camera into Canon for repairs the battery meter was on the list

they told me it was working correctly but that not is what it is reading on page 28 of the manual.

Thanks for all you help 

Happy shooting

Vicky

OK reset of the camera's default settings

did it reset to factor

Vicky

VJ83841Laclede
Contributor

I just now thought my contacts might be dirty.

so I cleaned everything with alcohol

Contacts on the batteries 

on the charger 

and in the camera.

They were all clean 

the Q tip shows no dirt

Vicky

Announcements