cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS REBEL 4Ti, Screen Scrables

pruthvand
Apprentice

Hello Team,

I have a Canon 4Ti, currently running the current 1.0.4 Firmware. the issue is that the screen has scattered, multi colured, distorted lines while using it in live mode. these lines appear when i power on the camera and could see them on the menu screen too, but eventually die down and settel on a clear screen, when switched to live shoting mode they reappear and i could not shoot. if i proceed to take the picture and the video they come clean. it just the screen would have all these horizontal and virtical lines. i tried the reset, slow formatt the disk and even tried differnt battries.

while browsing through the photos or the vidoes the screen would fliker. please advice

Regards,

Pruthvi.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Canon service!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

VivaCanon234
Apprentice

This exact issue just happened to me today.  I switched my camera into video mode (live view) and the screen distortion started appearing after a couple of seconds.  At first, the distortion was contained in the video mode.  Now, the disortion issue is appearing everywhere (photo preview - esp. when switching between pictures, sensor cleaning screen, etc.).  I removed my memory card, battery, lens, and the actions do not appear to fix the issue.  

Would love to find out if this is a hardware or software issue.  If software, can we expect a firmware upgrade?

Thanks,

Paul

@VivaCanon234 wrote:

Would love to find out if this is a hardware or software issue.  If software, can we expect a firmware upgrade?

This would have to be a hardware problem.  Something that controls the display screen is failing.  You would need to arrange to have your camera repaired.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements