cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1300D or Rebel T6

FotosniperSunny
Contributor

Should i buy a Canon EOS 1300D for 299$ brand New? From a Canon authorized dealer. This offer also includes two lenses

26 REPLIES 26

Canon makes the best lenses.  People who own Sony cameras like to use adapters for shooting video with Canon lenses.  

Either buy the camera body that you want to use for years to come.  Or, buy a used enthusiast camera body, as Robert suggested, to learn about photography, and then spend more money to buy the camera body that you wanted from the start.

There is no easy way.  Believe it or not.  The least expensive path is to save up your money, to buy what you really want.  Don't be in a rush, not unless you have a deadline like a photography class or an upcoming vacation.  Shop around.  I buy most of my gear at 50-75% of list prices.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
Well said! I need to research more. Thank you for the good advice!

@FotosniperSunny wrote:
Well said! I need to research more. Thank you for the good advice!

Don't get me wrong.  Robert's suggestion is the least expensive path to learning the most, though.

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
So is mine. After all I'm on a very small budget

@FotosniperSunny wrote:
So is mine. After all I'm on a very small budget

Note that Waddizzle's caution about used gear was directed toward freewheeling vendors like Ebay and Amazon. There are reputable vendors of used gear that will give you an accurate assessment of what you're getting. I'll let others name names, though, because I have no direct experience in that realm.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
I mostly buy from from sellers with over 99% positive rating. I have short listed two sellers "KEH CAMERA" and "Robertscamera". But other names would be nice.

@FotosniperSunny wrote:
I mostly buy from from sellers with over 99% positive rating. I have short listed two sellers "KEH CAMERA" and "Robertscamera". But other names would be nice.

I have purchased from KEH, and found their gear to be very good.  I do not know if they ship outside of the US, though.

Announcements