cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1300D or Rebel T6

FotosniperSunny
Contributor

Should i buy a Canon EOS 1300D for 299$ brand New? From a Canon authorized dealer. This offer also includes two lenses

26 REPLIES 26

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
According to the current exchange rate the price they are charging, translates to 299$. And my friend who bought this camera told that he got a rebate, also he registered is product on Canon's website. It's absolutely legitimate, according to Canon's website. Also the dealer is Canon authorized dealer, according to Canon's website. And he got the money back on his e-wallet. Which he transferred to his bank account. Well you can check for yourself. What I'm asking is, should I get this camera for 299$ or should I spend more and get better model? Like Canon 750D or maybe Pentax K-S2. I would like some advice regarding this.

@FotosniperSunny wrote:

What I'm asking is, should I get this camera for 299$ or should I spend more and get better model? Like Canon 750D or maybe Pentax K-S2. I would like some advice regarding this.

If all that you plan to do is take "snapshots", then the 1300D, also known at the Rebel T6, is a good choice.  If you want to get serious about photography, then the 750D is a good start, but it is still part of the "Rebel" series, all of which are entry level cameras.

Many photo enthusiasts are happy with 750D.  But, the "EOS #0D" line of cameras is made for advanced enthusiasts.  The EOS 80D is the best buy in the Canon lineup, most especially if you can catch it on sale.  Canon has just released a 77D, which I do not know much about, except that I think the battery is too small.  Maybe the camera is very efficient with battery power.  I really do not know.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
Yep Canon released two new camera! As far as I read, the Canon EOS 800D or t7i is an upgrade to Canon 750D and the Canon 77D is an upgrade to the Canon EOS 760D but it sits beneath the 80D. Also the 77D and 800D are practically twins barring some cosmetic changes. This is so confusing, two similar cameras but with 150$ price difference. I guess with the budget I have the 800D seems more practical. What do you think? My budget is 800$. The 800D it's 690$ body only and 750$ with kit lens, I think. I'm not sure on the current price.

Given the choice between the 80D and 77D, I would go for the 80D.  The 77D seems to be a slightly crippled version of the 80D.  The battery seems too small, and I am not sure if a battery grip would be made available for it from Canon.

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
I understand what you're saying. But price is a big factor. I would like to invest more in glass, b'coz 2-3 years down the line I would have to change the camera any way. A much better camera will come out next year, then the year after that. But good glass, well it's still gonna be good after 10 years. Know what I mean? Thing I would like to perfect my technique before I buy something enthusiast grade. Still an amateur photographer.

@FotosniperSunny wrote:
I understand what you're saying. But price is a big factor. I would like to invest more in glass, b'coz 2-3 years down the line I would have to change the camera any way. A much better camera will come out next year, then the year after that. But good glass, well it's still gonna be good after 10 years. Know what I mean? Thing I would like to perfect my technique before I buy something enthusiast grade. Still an amateur photographer.

I see your point. A somewhat radical suggestion might be to look for a used 50D as your interim camera. (Not a 60D, because it doesn't have autofocus microadjustment. Not a 70D because there have been too many complaints about autofocus problems and burned-out components on the motherboard. Not an 80D, because it might strain your budget.) The 50D was a very good camera in its day and should be cheap if you can find one.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@FotosniperSunny wrote:

I see your point. A somewhat radical suggestion might be to look for a used 50D as your interim camera. (Not a 60D, because it doesn't have autofocus microadjustment. Not a 70D because there have been too many complaints about autofocus problems and burned-out components on the motherboard. Not an 80D, because it might strain your budget.) The 50D was a very good camera in its day and should be cheap if you can find one.

I agree with Bob.  If you want to do more than take snapshots, then stay away from Rebels [EOS ##0D bodies], and stick with a ##D camera body.  The Rebels lack a number of desireable features.  

I disagree with the idea that a quality camera that you purchase today will become obsolete in a couple of years.  Yes, your photos will never be better than the quality of your lenses.  But, the camera controls the lenses, and some bodies work better with the quality lenses than others.  They're designed that way.

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
Well you have given me an idea. I might look for a used Canon 80D, saw a couple of them auctioned off on eBay for 400-500$. Might be an worth while investment.

@FotosniperSunny wrote:
Well you have given me an idea. I might look for a used Canon 80D, saw a couple of them auctioned off on eBay for 400-500$. Might be an worth while investment.

I do not recommend buying used camera gear on eBay or Amazon.  You do not know what you will get until you have spent your money, and you have an expensive paper weight in your hands.

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
Well that's true! So what camera would you recommend? I'm still a student. Should i go for a Mirrorless? Canon, Fuji. I definitely don't want Sony, neither do I want Nikon, it is a really expensive system. Canon or Pentax? I can't make up my mind. I got my eyes on a Canon 77D or maybe Pentax K-3ii? Which camera do you recommend. I will buy by the end of the month.
Announcements