cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon App 'focus failure' message

enived
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently purchased a Canon T6i and i have having trouble getting the remote shooting option to work on the Canon App.

I successfully connected my camera to my iphone however when I try and release the shutter a message pops up (on the camera) saying   "Focus Failure".

Is there a certain mode I should be on with the camera and/or phone? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Max

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@enived wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased a Canon T6i and i have having trouble getting the remote shooting option to work on the Canon App.

I successfully connected my camera to my iphone however when I try and release the shutter a message pops up (on the camera) saying   "Focus Failure".

Is there a certain mode I should be on with the camera and/or phone? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Max

Which focusing mode and camera shooting mode are you trying to use?  In "One Shot" focusing mode, the camera will not take a photo if the camera/lens cannot lock focus on a subject.  Your message suggests that the communication between camera and your phone is working just fine.  Your camera seems unable to lock focus for some reason.

What are you trying to photograph?  There are a handful of reasons why the camera may not focus: i.e.; not enough light; subject too close to lens; not enough contrast; using a focal length extender/multiplier, and a couple others.  These reasons have nothing to do with remote shooting. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements