cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Shutter Button work in Basic Zones and not in Creative Zones?

joekk01
Contributor

I wnat to know if the Shutter Button can work in Basic Zones and not in Creative Zones?

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Joekk01! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using. Any other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue. Thanks and have a great day!

I have and use a Canon EOS Rebel XS! As of lately I'm having to push the shutter button 2 times while I'm in a Creative Zone!! The shutter button works fine and as it should in a Basic Zone

joekk01,

It is possible that you have mirror lockup enabled.  This would require the shutter button to be pressed down twice to complete a full cycle.  Please go to the [Setup #3] tab in the menu, select [Custom Functions], then disable Custom Function #8.  Custom functions are also not active in the Basic Zone modes, which also explains why you were only seeing this in the Creative Zone modes.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you I did have the Miorr lock up turned on and that was why I was having to press the shutter 3 times to take a photo . I forgot that I even turnd the miorr lock up on ! Thank you problem is now fixed.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements