cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Rebel t6i Infrared Remote to Work - yes, it's on the right setting

PhotoJenn
Contributor

For the life of me I can't get any infrared remote to work with the Rebel t6i. I've tried with 2 different t6i camera bodies (thought the first one was faulty so I returned for a replacement). Tried with 5 different remotes.

I set the DRIVE MODE to 10sec/REMOTE

Does not do anything. Ideas??

16 REPLIES 16

Is there any way to contact CANON or have someon from CANON help me

Hi PhotoJenn!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance, but for peer support. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

I just talked with CANON support on the phone and they said it "Should work" so I guess I just have to return the 2nd camera.

My T6S works with the RC-6. Is that the remote that you have? I just tried it and it works fine. Is there a battery in the remote?

Yes, checked the battery. It didn't work with the Canon RC-6. That was one of the five remotes I tried.

I can't tell from here, but something is really wrong. Have you tried it in manual focus mode?

Nekthecat
Apprentice
Has you problem been solved ? Check it out, i have a t6i as well. You need a "2s" infared or if theres a switch. Also if you go into live view mode you should see a light blink from the trsnsmitter ( try with a regular tv remote, you will see binking from the remote) if your remote doesbt blink, then the setting is wrong or its broke. I first set my t6i to "program mode" its the big "P" and set my shuttet to the remote and BOOM it worked !!!! Now i can use it in manual mode
Announcements