cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download images to a network drive

helpdesk
Contributor

EOS Rebel T2i directly connected to a PC running Windows XP. The PC shows it is connected to the camera as well as our network drive. The preferences are set to download each picture taken to the network drive. This has been the case for a couple of years and it works just fine. Now out of the blue it stopped working. There is a message "No more shot is available". If we change the setting to putting the image on the desktop then it works fine. The network drive has 30TB free space so it is nowhere near being full. We have tried going to other network drives but get the same result.

16 REPLIES 16

Tim
Authority

Hello helpdesk,

EOS Utility can be used to import images to your computer, but only to a local disk.  You would not be able to download (through our software) to a networked drive.  It is not supported within the software.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time.

If you require further assistanc eand wish to contact us, please do so through Canon's Support and Service web site.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having this issue as well. I've been using EOS Utility for over a year with it saving to a network drive. I haven't updated anything on my computer.

It started out saying 9999 and now it's down to 0 and says "No more shot is available."

Why would it suddenly stop allowing me to save to my network drive? Thanks.

Canon answered the question in the second reply to this thread. They killed the ability to save to network drive; why? who knows, but it doesn't work. Inane. I'm guessing security issues with communication protocols, but I know nothing about that stuff. What a shame. I think going forward I'll stop installing "helpful" 3rd party software because so often it goes out the window with the next upgrade of anything.

@jaygamel wrote:

Canon answered the question in the second reply to this thread. They killed the ability to save to network drive; why? who knows, but it doesn't work. Inane. I'm guessing security issues with communication protocols, but I know nothing about that stuff. What a shame. I think going forward I'll stop installing "helpful" 3rd party software because so often it goes out the window with the next upgrade of anything.

This is an older thread.  Get Microsoft's SyncToy application.

I am not in the habit of removing the memory card because I like the way I can use [EOS Utility] to automatically rename files as they are downloaded.  I can also easily assign a destination folder.  This makes it easy when using multiple cameras, and reduces the chances of overwriting files with similar names, likw "IMG_0001".

I typically download to a USB hard drive.  I then use Microsoft's SyncToy tool to copy and backup the downloaded files to network locations.  Once the files are saved to network folders and backed up, do I begin edits and batch conversions.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I read this and hesitated to offer a solution but if I were, it wold be, you have a computer issue not a Rebel T2i one.

Actually I would need a lot more info before even offering a suggestion.  I don't know of any error, " "No more shot is available"."

Are you using EOS Utility?  If not what?  What OS and system?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I am beginning to think the problem is the computer as well. This is a XP machine with the EOS Utility 2. This system has been used for somewhere in the area of two years. Up until a few weeks ago every picture taken with the camera was saved on the network drive. The EOS Utility has also been used for remote pictures and they too go to the network drive. Now however any picture taken will go to the computer but will not go to the network drive. When we set the EOS to put the image on the network we get this error.

EOS.jpg

The obivious question.  Did you upgrade anything?  Anything at all, not just EOS Utility for instance?

EB

The network was changed some. However the computer is clearly connected to the network and the camera clearly shows as connected to the computer. The camera can be used remotely through the computer. In addition the camera saves every picture to the computer. Just not the network.

"The network was changed some."

Yeah, I am going to think something caused EOS Utility to not know about the network.  Maybe a fresh re-install is in order.

To do that you must remove all traces of the old installation before attempting to re-install it.  Even in the registry. Everything!

If it worked and than it didn't soemthing changed. Smiley Frustrated

EB
Announcements