cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry_Canon EOS REbel T6

KrystalHtoo
Apprentice

So newly bought this camera and had no idea where to start with it. I tried to take a piture but it was so blurry and also how do I make it bigger? I think something wrong with the photo but I just can't figure out what it was. In the second photo, whenever I turn on the camera that page "Scence Intelligent Auto" show up and I don't know how to get rid of it. Thank you so much for your help. 

Best,

Krystal20049167_1584378818280790_1313408258_o.jpg20048765_1584381201613885_112752179_o.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you are using the 18-55mm lens that comes in most T6 camera kit, make sure the AF/MF switch is in the AF position.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ScottyP
Authority

Hi

Unlike a point and shoot camera your DSLR does not have an auto zoom button/lever. You zoom the lens in and out by twisting the zoom ring on the lens. 

As for blurry it could be several things, like bad focus, subject motion blur or camera shake blur.  

For focus make sure the switch on the lens is on AF (auto focus) not MF (manual focus).  Also read the 2-3 pages in the manual about selecting an autofocus point. The camera will not know but rather will guess what you want to focus on. Other things in the image may be out of focus. If you select only the center autofocus point (red square) to be active then you can place that square over the subject and the camera will focus on that.

Subject motion blur and camera shake blur both are cured by a faster shutter speed to "freeze"  all the motion. Please google for free tutorial videos on the "exposure triangle".  Watch 2 or 3 of them; there are a hundred of them and they are only a few minutes long.  This will give you the understanding of the whole central concept in photography, that you manipulate 3 variables (shutter speed, lens opening size, and sensor sensitivity) to control how much light gets into the image, and each of the 3 has an additional effect on the image. For shutter speed that effect is either freezing the action or letting motion blur the image. You need a faster shutter speed to freeze a baseball flying into a bat than for a person walking for example. 

Dont get discouraged. It really isnt hard once you get into it and you understand the triangle. Have fun and good luck!

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I haven't seen a Canon camera that can take a NOT blurry photo while in A+ mode. Scene Intelligent Auto never seems to be very smart. If you pixel peep them they are never sharp, but that setting seems to be OK for HD video, but as with photos, 'M' setting or other program settings are the best, and do not suffer from the blurry or soft A+ mode shots.

I suppose this is going to sound fussy and patronizing. But unless you're already very experienced, the first thing you have to do with any new or unfamiliar camera is read the instruction manual!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Layochum
Apprentice
Not to sound rude people but...READ YOUR MANUAL...that's what they give it to you for, especially if your new to a DSLR

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Set your mode dial to the green square.  You have it on a CA mode.  Or set it to P the prefered  mode.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Set your mode dial to the green square.  You have it on a CA mode.  Or set it to P the prefered  mode.

Ummm... that camera is already set to "the green square" (not CA or "creative auto").

"Auto+", "Scene Intelligent Auto", "the green square".... They're all the same thing. It's a super automated "point n shoot" mode, in effect. The camera decides everything.... the user just gets to push the shutter release button.

Hi Krystal,

"Blurry image" can be due to any number of things: AF turned off, too close to the subject, wrong AF setup being used for the situation, too low light for AF to work, lens not fully mounted... and more!

I have to echo what others suggested.... read  the manual. Cameras are quite complicated devices and there's a learning curve with them.

I'd add, buy one of the guide books specifically for the particular camera model. Those often complement the manual.

There are also videos at the Canon website, on Youtube, etc. I find those helpful with more specific things, you can only fit so much into a video.

Also might help to take a class..... either locally or online.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2) some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & ZENFOLIO 

Announcements