cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Splotches Showing Up In Video

Crowbird
Contributor

So I noticed this week that I'm getting blue splotches (and a lot of them) showing up in my footage, more specifically outside and in the brown colors (trees, fields, rocks, etc.) I'm shooting on a Rebel t5i. Here is an example. This video has it the worst and it even shows up some in the water. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Image Issue.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I don't see anything unusual.  What video resolution are you using?  Remember, video frames will not have the detail of a still photo.  BTW, your posted image seems a little out of focus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Crowbird
Contributor
If you zoom in on the peninsula on the top left of the image you can see what I'm talking about. It's there on the image I posted, I just checked.

Why don't you zoom in. I don't feel like playing Where's Waldo. What is the resolution of the video? Could it be color fringing?

Crowbird
Contributor
I didn't zoom in because it's on the entire image not just the one spot. It could be color fringing. 1920x1080. And I'm not here to play a Where's Waldo either, just get answers.

I see it on my phone. It's everywhere. Looks like color noise.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

@Crowbird wrote:
I didn't zoom in because it's on the entire image not just the one spot. It could be color fringing. 1920x1080. And I'm not here to play a Where's Waldo either, just get answers.

I think you're being unreasonable.  Why don't you crop the photo, so that everyone can be talking about the same thing?  I don't see anything wrong with the photo.  If anything, you're looking at out of focus rocks, at a 2 MP resolution.

I just had someone in this thread say that they see what I'm talking about and offered a suggestion. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not cropping it in because at that point we will just be looking at pixelated rocks. If this is all you have to contribute please quit replying. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to get answers from people who know more than I do.

@Crowbird wrote:
I just had someone in this thread say that they see what I'm talking about and offered a suggestion. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not cropping it in because at that point we will just be looking at pixelated rocks. If this is all you have to contribute please quit replying. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to get answers from people who know more than I do.

Okay, but I will leave you with one parting shot.  That person is telling you the same thing that I am.  Your camera ain't broken.

Then that's great news. If that's what you were trying to tell me, then why were you focusing on me cropping in the image? I'm here for a solution no matter who gives it to me.

Announcements