Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Blue Splotches Showing Up In Video

So I noticed this week that I'm getting blue splotches (and a lot of them) showing up in my footage, more specifically outside and in the brown colors (trees, fields, rocks, etc.) I'm shooting on a Rebel t5i. Here is an example. This video has it the worst and it even shows up some in the water. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Image Issue.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Splotches Showing Up In Video

I don't see anything unusual.  What video resolution are you using?  Remember, video frames will not have the detail of a still photo.  BTW, your posted image seems a little out of focus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

If you zoom in on the peninsula on the top left of the image you can see what I'm talking about. It's there on the image I posted, I just checked.
Respected Contributor

Why don't you zoom in. I don't feel like playing Where's Waldo. What is the resolution of the video? Could it be color fringing?

Occasional Contributor

I didn't zoom in because it's on the entire image not just the one spot. It could be color fringing. 1920x1080. And I'm not here to play a Where's Waldo either, just get answers.
Respected Contributor

I see it on my phone. It's everywhere. Looks like color noise.
Scott

Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "fer-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Occasional Contributor

Is that an issue that can be fixed by settings or is it a bigger issue?
Esteemed Contributor

Crowbird wrote:
I didn't zoom in because it's on the entire image not just the one spot. It could be color fringing. 1920x1080. And I'm not here to play a Where's Waldo either, just get answers.

I think you're being unreasonable.  Why don't you crop the photo, so that everyone can be talking about the same thing?  I don't see anything wrong with the photo.  If anything, you're looking at out of focus rocks, at a 2 MP resolution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Occasional Contributor

I just had someone in this thread say that they see what I'm talking about and offered a suggestion. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not cropping it in because at that point we will just be looking at pixelated rocks. If this is all you have to contribute please quit replying. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to get answers from people who know more than I do.
Esteemed Contributor

Crowbird wrote:
I just had someone in this thread say that they see what I'm talking about and offered a suggestion. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not cropping it in because at that point we will just be looking at pixelated rocks. If this is all you have to contribute please quit replying. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to get answers from people who know more than I do.

Okay, but I will leave you with one parting shot.  That person is telling you the same thing that I am.  Your camera ain't broken.