cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto swtich off

YLG
Apprentice
I have a Canon EOS 350D Digital. Plan to use it while travel to overseas. All along it work fine, but recently happened that camera auto turn off when I trying to take photo and unable to turn on again.
I have to take out the battery and reinsert to turn it on.
Yet I can browse my photos saved in memory card. The only problem is can't take photo and auto switch off once shutter button press.
The flash light also seem like not function.
Anyone please help, thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you may have an issue related to power.  Could be a bad battery, try a new one. 

Or, it could be shutter that shorts out when activated, which means it would need to be repaired.  But, repairs on this camera would easily exceed the cost of buying a used one.  Better yet, buy a newer camera to use with the newer computers.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have a Canon battery or third party?

It sounds like a bad battery. I suggest you get a new Canon one.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you may have an issue related to power.  Could be a bad battery, try a new one. 

Or, it could be shutter that shorts out when activated, which means it would need to be repaired.  But, repairs on this camera would easily exceed the cost of buying a used one.  Better yet, buy a newer camera to use with the newer computers.

Just get new battery for my camera recently and it works. Thank for help. Smiley Very Happy

YLG
Apprentice
Yes, I have a Canon battery.
Will remove everytime after used .
If change a new battery and it still can't work, just want to get know how much is the repair fees for this camera?

@YLG wrote:
Yes, I have a Canon battery.
Will remove everytime after used .
If change a new battery and it still can't work, just want to get know how much is the repair fees for this camera?

Actually, the first question should be who still repairs it, and are parts still available.  I'm fairly certain that the cost of repair will run at least twice the asking price for a used camera. 

Contact Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON, and see what the say.

Announcements