cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspect Ratio Change with Remote Shutter

amcalonder
Apprentice

Hi, I use my Canon Rebel T5i for timelapse photography using a Neewer remote trigger on a timer. Recently I've noticed that if I use the shutter button on the trigger while the camera's otherwise on a timer the two shots come out with different aspect ratios. (I'm doing caterpillars now so when they did something interesting in the middle of my 10 minute interval I would use the shutter button on the trigger to take extra shots.)

I'm on my camera's manual settings but I'm not even actually sure where to set the aspect ratio. It looks like most of the pictures are coming out 3:2, but the other ones come out 16:9. Any thoughts on why there would be this discrepancy?

Thanks!

Angela

(@angiemation)

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@amcalonder wrote:

Hi, I use my Canon Rebel T5i for timelapse photography using a Neewer remote trigger on a timer. Recently I've noticed that if I use the shutter button on the trigger while the camera's otherwise on a timer the two shots come out with different aspect ratios. (I'm doing caterpillars now so when they did something interesting in the middle of my 10 minute interval I would use the shutter button on the trigger to take extra shots.)

I'm on my camera's manual settings but I'm not even actually sure where to set the aspect ratio. It looks like most of the pictures are coming out 3:2, but the other ones come out 16:9. Any thoughts on why there would be this discrepancy?

Thanks!

Angela

(@angiemation)

That can happen if you are using Live View when the shutter is activated.  There are separate aspect ratio settings for using the viewfinder and the LCD.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements