cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

450d error 01

doughie
Contributor

Hi

i have just bought my daughter a used canon 450d as a starter camera that was supposed to be working well,however it keeps coming up with  error 01 especially when using a slower shutter speed  (1/8 second) my brother has the same camera and usually has no problems but he only ever uses it on auto,when i used his camera on manual with a slow shutter speed it also had the same error.As both cameras are around 9 years old now i am wondering if something is worn and it is a common fault on older camerss or it needs a good service or it is not worth spending too much money on.

Has anyone else had these problems? if so how did you get it fixed?

Any advice much appreciated,my daughter is very disappointed in her xmas present and i'm looking a bad dad for not buying a new camera.

12 REPLIES 12

Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
No recourse to seller?

Two very good relatively inexpensive Canon lenses that will give your daughter a good kit are the 18-55 and 55-250 zoom lenses. You want the STM version of those lenses.

Since you have a 450D I am assuming you are not in the US. In the US Canon has an online store that sells refurbished equipment at a good discount with full warranty. I’m not sure if a similar situation exists in your country.

Sorry for disappointment.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for that information,i am in the process of trying to get a refund off the seller but if i can't i will be looking for suitable lenses and i will try your recommendation first.Thanks

Announcements