cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

320EX does not fire remotely

jddobson
Apprentice

Brand new 320EX works on the T2i but not remotely. Have to read both manuals simultaneously, but they do not explain how to set the transmission channel on the camera, to match whater channel I put on the flash.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

Sorry to tell you that the T3i, T4i (and some others) can remotely fire flashes but your T2i does not have the capability to fire any flash remotely.  To do this, you need to buy some sort of transmitter like an ST-E2 or off-market devices.  

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

Sorry to tell you that the T3i, T4i (and some others) can remotely fire flashes but your T2i does not have the capability to fire any flash remotely.  To do this, you need to buy some sort of transmitter like an ST-E2 or off-market devices.  

On page 206 of the instruction manual it says that "This is and 'Type-A camera that can use all the features of the EX-series Speedlites

In the menu on the camera it offers two different sets of settings "External flash function setting" and "External flash C.Fn setting" settings for external flash but when I try to pair it with the flash it says:

"This menu cannot be displayed. Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off."

In one part it says when attached the camera it works but then it says that it can use all of the features?

The external flash functions can be controlled via the camera but that only if you mount a master-capable flash or a flash controller like the ST-E2 either of which can control a slave-capable flash like the 320EX to fire remotely.

Announcements