cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebel xt, when take picture through viewfinder never focuses but lcd screen shows in focus

faiden79
Apprentice
So it appears out of focus all of the time but lcd shows a perfectly focused picture. It is very disorienting. I have replaced lenses with a camera that I know works perfectly and it does it with that lense too. What needs to be replaced??
3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

Read your manual to learn how to set the DIOPTER. It is likely done with a tiny wheel beside the viewfinder but because I don't have that particular camera that's a guess. The diopter is adjusted to allow some of us with less than perfect vision to still shoot without glasses.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

thank you so much, that worked! Smiley Very Happy I was so worried cuz I bought the camera off of someone on craigslist today and just automatically assumed I got screwed

It's a common question & because I have my cameras set for my eyes anyone I hand them too sees a fuzzy view too. I just tell them the camera will get it right even though they can't see it clearly. .

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements