cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel TW-283 and the EOS 7D

neo314
Apprentice

I have the EOS 7D. When I use the non-wireless Pixel RC-201 and hold down the trigger button, I can take a picture with the LCD screen on in live shoot mode (the same as if I use the trigger on the camera). When I use the TW-283, wired or wireless, if the vive shoot LCD is on, I cannot take a picture. I can only take a picture by pressing start, which turns off the LCD, and then take pictures, but only with the ability to gauge the aim through the view finder.

It is not a huge deal, but is there any way to use the TW-283 with the LCD on?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would probably be better to ask this question of Pixel.

Canon makes an inexpensive infrared remote-control RC-6 that I believe will do what you want.

Something that I just thought of, do you have the shooting mode set to the 2 second timer setting? That setting also works for remote control shooting with a Canon wireless remote, so it might help your situation.

neo314
Apprentice

I will ask Pixel, but I thought others here might know the answer. I have the infrared, but that is really for short distance from in front of the camera. It would work, however. I can use the RC-201 in a circumstance where I want to see the LCD, but it just makes the TW-283 a little less versatile.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements