cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M200 - wont turn on but flashes green light

Cball615
Apprentice
  1. I have an M200 that I purchased at Christmas.   The LCD wont turn on and nothing seems to work but the green light at the top flashes.   Any ideas on what could be wrong ? 
10 REPLIES 10

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Have you tried to power up the camera with the lens, SD Card and other accessories removed. From the camera to see if the camera will power up at all.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Cball615
Apprentice

When I take off lens and remove sd card…I dont even get the flashing green light. 

Will the camera power up with those items removed.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Cball615
Apprentice

No…unfortunately it doesn’t…..when I take off the lens….I still get the flashing green light without powering up but when I remove the SD card…..I get no green blinking light along with it not powering up.  Wondering if it’s a battery problem or a camera problem or something else.  

If you have a spare battery test the camera with it. If it still behaves the same after using the spare battery you'll need to contact Canon.

-Demetrius

mahapjyo
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem ! Did you find a solution for this ? I still haven't found anything.

@mahapjyo wrote:

I have the exact same problem ! Did you find a solution for this ? I still haven't found anything.

Greetings,

Did you test with a second battery? Also with a second memory card?  As a last suggestion, you should also try removing and remounting the lens to the body.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did, try a new battery and memory card.  But the screen just wont show up.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If a new battery and card don't resolve with the lens detached, you will need to contact support.

MyCanon

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements