cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Using Sigma lens with EOS 7D

remixthis9
Apprentice

Hello,

I am new to photography and recently was given a Canon EOS 7D. A couple days ago I bought a used lens at a resale shop hoping it would fit my camera body but it didn't fit. The lens is a Sigma UC Zoom 70-210mm 1:4-5.6 lens. The words "For Canon" are printed on the lens body. The silver diaphragm of the lens has no electrical contacts that would match up to the camera body, which does have contacts. The lens also has an inner diaphragm which is black and extends about an eighth of an inch out, but it definitely does not connect to my camera.  Is this lens for an older camera, and if so is it possible to get an adapter to make it work? Thanks for any help you can give!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are totally correct. After reading your reply I Googled an image of the FD mount lens and that is exactly what I bought. Thanks for the info!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority

Upload a picture of the lens mount.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Return to the store with your camera and the lens.  Ask for a refund.  I believe that lens is made for the obsolete Canon FD mount.  Your camera body uses the EF mount.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You are totally correct. After reading your reply I Googled an image of the FD mount lens and that is exactly what I bought. Thanks for the info!

Announcements