cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R8: How to magnify photo after changing default setting for AF selection button

namasteybhaisab
Contributor

Hi, I very recently got the R8. 

I have custom configured the camera buttons to suit my shooting style. In doing so I have lost the capability to zoom in images in playback mode. 

Can someone please guide me on how can I achieve this with resetting the AF button to its default state.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to th forum!

You must have reprogrammed the default button used to enable the magnify function.  The AF Point Selection Button is the default button used to magnify images during Playback Mode.  Note the little magnifying glass just below it.

Remove whatever changes you have made to the button and restore the default setting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

namasteybhaisab
Contributor

Hi

I am sorry to misspell in my original post.

Is there a way to achieve this without resetting the AF selection button to its default state. It will be really great to keep my custom setting!!

Not that I am aware of.  I doubt it, though.  You cannot program buttons to have one function in this shooting mode and another function if another camera mode.  It’s all or nothing.

You would need to go through the dozens of programming options that are available to various buttons to see what is available.  Use another button for whatever purpose you have re-assigned to the AF Selection button.

namasteybhaisab
Contributor

Thanks @Waddizzle. This clarifies things for me. 
However, this seems to be something that could be improved in future updates from a user experience perspective.

@namasteybhaisab wrote:

Thanks @Waddizzle. This clarifies things for me. 
However, this seems to be something that could be improved in future updates from a user experience perspective.

I doubt it.  Higher end camera bodies have a dedicated [Magnify] button.  

There are not as many buttons and controls on the R8 camera body.  I do not why they designed it this way.  It is a midrange body with an entry level rear panel.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements