cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 No reaction from computer or EOS Utility when camera is connected

Makmo73
Apprentice

Hello, just recently switched from Nikon shooting to Canon and have purchased Canon R5 mirrorless. I have

a Sony Tough CFExpress Type B card 128 MB. I prefer to download my images straight from my camera to my computer. I installed EOS Utility on my Windows 11 computer but it will not open the program so I can transfer my images. I also have an iMac computer and the same thing happened there. The EOS Utility is version W 3.17.0.5 zip. I was able to open the zip file and installed it. The icon for EOS Utility icon is on my Desktop but when I click on it nothing happens. I connected my camera to the computer using the cable which came with the R5, turned on the camera, click on the EOS Utility icon again, but again, nothing happens. What am I missing here? Would appreciate any suggestions because I would love to see the images I have taken with this awesome camera. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Make sure that WiFi is off on the camera, that interferes with USB operation. Also make sure you have a full USB cable, and not a charging only abomination.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Make sure that WiFi is off on the camera, that interferes with USB operation. Also make sure you have a full USB cable, and not a charging only abomination.

Thank you! Perhaps the WiFi was the problem because now I successfully downloaded my images to my computer. Appreciate your help.

Bigpeet
Apprentice

If you use a Mac the answer is to restart in Safe Mode. Open EOS Utility with no other apps open. If will work. Then reopen the app such as Adobe Bridge or Lightroom. That's my annoying work-around.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements