cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Focus bracketing won't take more than 7 shots

tazz
Apprentice

I was taking some landscape photos(more like tinkering with my new R10 purchased a month ago) with the 18-150mm kit lens and found the total images(jpeg/RAW) taken using focus bracketing does not exceed 5-7 regardless of the number I set it to, and after the shots are taken I can see specific areas of the images out of focus on all images in the stack. Tried with 12 then 20, then 32 and so on. The AEB was off by default and I kept the increment to its default 4. Saw many youtube videos with people taking the exact number of images they set the sequence to, with the exact same settings as mine. What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum!

To help us better understand your issue, could you post a link to one of the YouTube videos that you have been following / using for instructions on how to set up the camera?  

828E9182-9890-4536-8CD8-40084FFD3788.jpeg

Have yoiu reviewed the extensive list of “Cautions”?

7E28292A-3942-496D-8E1E-5735C74C3667.jpeg

Thanks, ahead of time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the explanation. I used various settings including the ones specified. Tried shutter at 1/2000 - 1/60. f4 - f11. Different iso settings including auto. Experimented with focus increments ranging from 2-5. But all these made no difference. 

About videos used as ref: Focus Bracketing | SETTINGS and step by step EDIT. (Focus Stacking) 

One thing I discovered was when shooting handheld it takes no more than the said number of 5-7 images. If however I set it on a firm base like on the ground or a table(I dont have tripod.. yet), it takes the exact number of designated shots I set it to take. Is the low number of shots due to me handholding the camera?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ One thing I discovered was when shooting handheld it takes no more than the said number of 5-7 images. If however I set it on a firm base like on the ground or a table(I dont have tripod.. yet), it takes the exact number of designated shots I set it to take. Is the low number of shots due to me handholding the camera?

Possibly.  In fact, it would seem so.  Using a tripod is included on the page of cautions and warnings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements