cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Ghost, continues taking photos even after I reboot the camera

mvpcrew
Apprentice

This is the second time I’ve experienced this problem with the EOS R.  I turn the camera on and it starts taking photos. It continues taking photos even after I reboot the camera, take the battery out and even when I change lenses.  How do I troubleshoot this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvpcrew
Apprentice

I apologize for the slow response but, I believe I've identified the problem.  It was the Westcott universal trigger.  The firmware needed to be updated.  I didn't initially consider that as the cause but, after talking to Westcott they clarified that outdated firmware could be the source.  

Thank you everyone that chimed in.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the shutter button stuck?

mvpcrew
Apprentice

No, the shutter isn’t stuck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the button isn't stuck, then the camera needs repair.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How long have you had the camera?  

How do you know that it is taking photos?  Does it attempt ot focus on something?

How do you know the dirt inside of button or control is not the issue?

Have you tried removing the memory card and resetting the camera back to factory defaults?

What lens and/or mount adapter are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I’ve had the camera for about 2 months.  I know it’s taking photos because I can see the photos. No, it’s not focusing. I’m using RF & EF lenses and it does it with both.  As far as the dirt, I’ll check it but I don’t think that’s it.  

mvpcrew
Apprentice

I apologize for the slow response but, I believe I've identified the problem.  It was the Westcott universal trigger.  The firmware needed to be updated.  I didn't initially consider that as the cause but, after talking to Westcott they clarified that outdated firmware could be the source.  

Thank you everyone that chimed in.

Announcements