cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D International Camera Purchase - Registration rejected, support options

CaptureControl
Contributor

I have all of my EOS equipment listed with Canon.  I have purchased a 90D and Canon will not accept the SN to register my kit.  If and when I do want to have service in the USA who is trustworthy?  I live in NY.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you may have made a painful mistake.  Get a refund or sell it, if you can.

If you live in the US, then you should purchase gear from vendors listed on “Factory Authorized Dealers” list published by Canon USA.

Camera gear produced and sold for various countries around the world are not all the same.  The are built differently, and require different parts  For example, not every country uses the same range of Wi-Fi frequencies.  Not every country uses the same voltage, so your charger may or may not be compatible with US electrical outlets.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you may have made a painful mistake.  Get a refund or sell it, if you can.

If you live in the US, then you should purchase gear from vendors listed on “Factory Authorized Dealers” list published by Canon USA.

Camera gear produced and sold for various countries around the world are not all the same.  The are built differently, and require different parts  For example, not every country uses the same range of Wi-Fi frequencies.  Not every country uses the same voltage, so your charger may or may not be compatible with US electrical outlets.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

CaptureControl
Contributor

One more question to ask a seller on Ebay.  Thanks

Announcements