cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D How to Turn Exposure Simulation Back On

kirab
Apprentice

Okay, so one of my uni lecturers changed the settings on my camera and I don't know how to change it back.

I've always had the exposure simulation on but I cannot for the life of my find it anywhere in my settings and I can't get a hold of him as we are on Easter break.

I have a Canon 90D, please any help would be great!!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Camera Menu > 2 > Expo Simulation

shadowsports_0-1681682239710.png

eos90d-ug-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hiya,

I have tried that but unfortunately I don't have that option:( this is why I can't understand it as that's what comes up when I Google it. 

What mode are you using. Exposure Simulation is ON by default from the factory. I believe this setting can only be changed in the creative zone (M, Av, Tv & P) modes.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I always use Manual.

Were you able to check that setting to ensure Exposure Simulation. If not reset the camera back to factory default. Including resetting the custom functions back to factory default.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

palbeck_ar
Apprentice

You need to be in Live View to get the option in Menu

Announcements