cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt files in Canon R6

DhandaNot
Contributor

This was the first time I have come across corrupted files from my R6. Surprisingly, the file is read by the camera and is displayed on the LCD too. But on the Laptop it shows up a a corrupt file in different programs (Lightroom, etc.). Why would this happen? Do I need to do something to prevent this happening in Future?

The file can be downloaded here: https://www.myqnapcloud.com/smartshare/72f6k237np2m2661u22775a0_162d947ik7kl2nrp009v1v617afg11hk

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the Canon forum.

I have not downloaded your file, yet, mainly because it is not stored on a public file sharing platform.  But, I will take your word that the file is corrupt.

If the file or image seems good in the camera, how are you transferring the file to your computer?

What brand and storage capacity memory card are you using?  Do you use micro-SD cards?

Do you only use full size, UHS-II USB cards?  If not, then you should.  It is a best practice to always format memory cards prior to first use.  Never share or swap memory cards between devices.

That is enough questions, for now.  Thanks, ahead of time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have had Canon R6 for more than 3 years now. I have taken several photos with it. This is the first time a file is found corrupt. I use full size Lexar SDHC UHS II memory cards.

I format them each time I want to empty the card. Also they were formatted when I started using them.

File is transferred to the computer by inserting the SD Card (from the camera) in the reader slot of the laptop. Then copied to the NAS I have. All my photos from R6 and 7D Mii (which I have had for 10 years now) are all on this NAS which is now 2 years old.

The link I shared to download the file is using SmartShare option of the QNAP NAS I have. It can be used as a private cloud.

I can certainly share the file using other options.

It's a RAW file. Did you intend to shoot in RAW? 

Yes. I shoot in RAW.

Nevermind. I see exactly what you mean. If it looks fine on your camera, try another card reader. This looks like a corrupted file transfer. 

Stephen_1-1713102713422.png

Announcements