cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6m2 viewfinder sometimes does not turn on

GadR
Apprentice

I shoot with R6m2 and sometimes it happens that the viewfinder doesn't turn on just like that for no reason.
After a few seconds it returns and everything works as usual.
Not related to any other settings, I tried everything including replacing DS cards
I shoot sports and this problem is really problematic
I managed to miss a number of important photos because of this problem.

The feeling that the camera can't handle the load and speed needed for sports photography.

2 REPLIES 2

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

"The feeling that the camera can't handle the load and speed needed for sports photography."

I'm not sure what is going on with your viewfinder - I have not experienced that on mine.  I just wanted to mention that I find this camera excellent for sports photography, and it is one of the handful of reasons that I bought this particular model.

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses

GadR
Apprentice

That's exactly the point.
I'm not complaining about the fact that the camera is suitable for shooting sports.
I'm just saying that if you're shooting sports and the viewfinder doesn't turn on and takes a few seconds to reset, that's a problem.
I'm trying to figure out if this is a fault with my camera or a problem that also affects other photographers.
Because it's an occasional problem, I can't take it to the lab.
The chance that they will see the problem is small.

Announcements