cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 err70

gsanchez922
Apprentice

IMG_2699.jpeg

Hello everyone, I’m been having trouble with my R5 and it happening randomly and it is err70 also if I try to change the battery from the camera sometimes the top display show the world error. I own the following lenses RF 24mm, RF 50mm f/1.8, RF 85mm f/2, tamron 24-70 f/2.8 and tamron 70-200 f/2.8 and my memories are 1 cfexpress from Angelbird and multiple sd cards from Sandisk and Lexar. I have tried all combinations and the error keeps happening. My camera I bought it last year in July from a authorized dealer. 

IMG_2700.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Error 70 is a "image problem".  Having it appear with multiple CF Express B and SD cards is not good.   

Are you formatting these cards in the camera?  

At this point, I would do 2 things.

1. Reset the camera's main and custom settings

2. Format 2 or more of the cards in camera and retest

To start, test with your Canon lenses only.  Then try with the others adapted.  Based on your response in another thread, you appear to be using a Canon branded adapter, but if you aren't, it might be a problem as well.  

If this error continues, the camera will need to be returned to Canon Service for inspection.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello, I always format the cards in the camera. I have done it the factory reset. Do you know how long is canon warranty in the USA?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

1 yr.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you remove the battery grip does the issue persist?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements