cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Chamber Issues After Bump

GrauntieBubbie
Apprentice

Hi, 

I'm new to this community, and I hope someone can help me! I have an RF camera, which has been bumped but never dropped-that I am aware of (my hubby occasionally uses it). The battery cover broke off and was replaced a couple of years ago, no problems with it since. But, the battery chamber has been giving me headaches for about 1 year. First, when turned off it fully & rapidly depletes any battery I leave in there, even when fully charged. Never did that before!

But, my real source of frustration is that I have to remove and reinsert the battery several times during shooting. I have asked two different Canon dealers to look at it. One shrugged his shoulders (Big help!). The other looked at it for several minutes and could not figure out why. The battery is making contact or I wouldn't be able to shoot at all. Both stated this was a new issue for them. Not sure I believe that...

Has anyone else had this happen? What was the problem and how did you fix it? 

Thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

By "rapidly depletes when off", how long are you referring to? Days? Hours?

Have you enabled any GPS or connected the camera to WiFi? When in doubt of what setting you may have enabled, reset the camera back to factory defaults.  This may involve additionally clearing any wireless connection settings.

If that doesn't help, it could very well be that at the time the door was broken off, the camera experienced damage to other parts.  Best to contact Canon and schedule a repair.  They will take a look at everything.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, GrauntieBubbie!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using.  While we have yet to make a camera with the name "RF," that is the name of the lens mount used on our EOS R-series cameras.  If you have one of those, please let us know which one. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements