cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60d won’t upload photos anywhere

Lsenior
Apprentice

I have had my 60d for years. I got a new lens. Took great photos. Now I can’t upload my photos to anything. I use a chromebook. I tried uploading to google and  2 other online storage sites. I can see the photos on my computer, I get an error message when I try to upload. Please help!!

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What is the error message?

Note that you can probably use a card reader.

Lsenior
Apprentice

The error message is an orange triangle and it says “unable to upload photos”. 
What kind of card reader do you recommend?

Thanks!!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Any card reader should work.

Are you using USB or wifi to transfer images?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First are the photos viewable on the 60D?  If, yes, then a card reader is what you want to try. You can get one at Walmart or Bestbuy. Online from Amazon. Some chromebooks have an SD slot. If yours does you can use it instead.

I don't remember if the 60D has Direct image transfer but if it does don't use it. Use the above methods.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

normadel
Authority
Authority

Are you saying you cannot move/copy the photos from camera to your computer?  Or is the problem moving/copying to the cloud?

Lsenior
Apprentice

It’s a chromebook. So I’m trying to upload to Google photos and Mpix. 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

There are two stages to this process.  Getting the images from the camera to your computer, and secondly uploading them to the cloud.  The suggestions already made are the best option.  Get a card reader (or use a built-in SD card slot) and remove the SD card from the 60D and plug it directly to your computer.  After that, it should be a file management issue specific to the operating system and not your camera.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements