cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Lenses won't mount on C70

Kimlee
Apprentice

Hello! I am using a C70 and I have rented some RF lenses.  None of them will mount.  It says Lens error. 

My EF lens with an adaptor will mount and is recognized.  Any suggestions on what the problem is?

I updated the firmware to my camera but I can't update the firmware to the lens without the lens being recognized. 

Kara

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Line up the lens with the body.  Red line to red line.  Seat firmly.  Quarter turn clockwise until it clicks.

What lens models are you trying to mount?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have no problem putting on the lens.  The problem is that it says "Lens Error". I was using the Canon RF Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS.  I understand how to put on a lens. 

My own lens which is an EF lens with an RF adaptor, has no issue mounting. 

Also, thanks so much for your reply.  I appreciate it. 

rs-eos
Elite

What EF to RF adapter do you have? Hopefully a Canon branded one.   Wondering if it in any way had damaged the RF mount?

When you first got the C70, did you first use an RF lens with it? Or have you only used EF lenses with an adapter? Possible that the unit was originally faulty.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hello.  When I first got the Canon, I used an EF lens (canon branded).  It was only 4 months later that I tried an RF lens. 

Kara

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I initially experienced difficulty mounting my RF 50mm to my R6 mark II.  The alignment marks are a little different on the lenses and I found it harder to spot compared to an EF lens.

38DA6CE0-77CE-40CF-9C96-86E235276214.jpeg

There are two things I want to point out in the image.  The red index mark is smaller and not as “bright” as the red dot on an EF mount lens.  This mark is much easier to find when the end cap is in place.  EF mount lenses place their red dot on the lens body, not on the side of the shiny reflective mount.

The end cap has a notch, which is used to align the end cap when you mount it on the lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You might need to take it up with the rental company. It sounds like the lenses might have some issues.

Announcements